Government College of Engineering and Ceramic Technology
Our College of Ceramic Technology was established in 1941 by Professor Sasadhar Ray who was an eminent and educationist and the first Principal of the college. At that time the college was named as Bengal Ceramic Institute Calcutta, which later on flowered into College of Ceramic Technology. Professor Ray was one of the pioneers in spreading ceramic education in India. He obtained his M.Sc. degree in Physics in 1930, as a student of Prof. Satyendranath Bose, from the University of Dacca having been place first in Class. He was a research scholar under Prof. K. S. Krishnan-F.R.S. in the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science and served as a supervisor in Peripatetic Demonstration for Scheme of the Govt. of Bengal to popularize the ceramic manufacturing processes in the villages. He also worked for a brief period in the Industrial Research Laboratory, Dept. of Industries, Government of West Bengal.